Our Commitment to Privacy
- the types of personal information which we hold;
- the purposes for which we hold personal information;
- with whom we may share personal information;
- for how long we hold personal information; and
- what procedures we have in place to protect your privacy.
What personal information do we hold?
We hold the following personal information:
- information which you voluntarily provide to us when contacting us, including your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s) and email address(es);
- information regarding any transactions between you and us;
- information obtained from third parties you have contacted in order to make contact with us.
For what purposes do we hold personal information?
We hold information which you provide to us -
- for our own administrative/accounting purposes;
- to enable us to contact you
- we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you provided;
- from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
Depending upon the information you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, email, telephone or SMS. You can advise us if you would prefer that we do not contact you by anyone/all of these methods.
If you subsequently change your mind and no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can inform us using the contact details below.
With whom we may share personal information
Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not share, sell or trade any personal information we hold except that:
- we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting or professional advisors;
- we may disclose personal information to our chosen tradesman suppliers. This is only to complete construction work on relevant properties when necessary (names and addresses only).
For how long do we hold personal information?
We will not hold onto any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above.
What procedures do we use to protect your privacy?
We undertake to process the personal information we hold in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws relating to data protection, which may from time to time supersede or update current laws.
We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
We hold computerised personal information on password protected computers. We also hold tangible (or "hard copy") personal information at the address noted below. This hard copy information is stored in a locked office.
The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
- Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
- Correct and update your information;
- Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it); Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information;
- Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
- You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
John Norman, Data Protection Officer
Norwich Garage Doors,
110 Woodland Road,
Hellesdon, Norwich, NR6 5RQ
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 01603 327290
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.